Friday, November 26, 2010

Straw Hat Scarecrow Pin and "Wreath"

craftysahmiam.blogspot.com

I made this soooooo long ago, but it is still just as cute !The idea came from an old Crafts magazine. It uses two straw hats of different size, a fabric bandanna, raffia, paper twist and acrylic paints.

Basic instructions:
Cut a smaller straw hat in half for the scarecrows hat.
Add whatever embellishments you'd like; I hot glued on a strip of paper twist and fabric scrap. I also poked a hole on one side to run through raffia through. hot glued in place. Hot glue bits of raffia on each side of the face just under the edge of the hat, too.

Large straw hat for base, Paint a face with acrylic craft paints.

Poke a hole on each side of the neck area to run half of a fabric bandanna through. Hot glue in place.
Add more raffia under the bandanna.

Add hanger on back. I just hot  glued on a strip of twine.






craftysahmiam.blogspot.com

Very similar idea, but using a wood circle for the head, miniature straw hat cut in half, raffia, acrylic paints, a scrap of fabric for the bandanna and a pin back to create a piece of fun fall jewelry.

Here is a really cute Scarecrow card I created this fall. It was totally inspired by several scarecrow face projects, such as the two above, that I've crafted over the years.

Thanks for looking =)

2 comments:

  1. Too cute! I don't know how you think up this stuff. I think you could just make up a bunch of it and rule the Holiday Bazaars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, it is so much fun to see what you will create next! I enjoy your scarecrows... so cute!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)