Monday, December 19, 2011

Assorted Christmas Cards


I'm finally getting around to finishing a few handmade holiday cards and sharing them ! I must have been a bit burned out after making so many to send to Operation Write Home, I didn't feel much like making anything. I  didn't make near the amount I normally do this year (and every one of my cards is always different). I believe most people I gave them to don't really care anyway and they are thrown away, plus with postage being so high for "bulky" cards (nearly every one I mailed out this year required the extra postage, ugh!) I decided to cut back. I'll share a few of my favorites over the next couple days. 






Closeup of Santa's beard. I used dimensional paper paint I bought years ago.
That is also a wooden star that I painted.













I put the images and ribbon a square cornered card after taking this photo; it looked so wrong having the rounded corners on the bottom to me.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards and I can see why there was extra postage! I LOVE all of the fibers in the bow on the Santa card, but I think my favorite is the CAS snowflake card! It is so pretty in it's simplicity! Fabulous work!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)