Monday, December 26, 2011

Mini Lunch Box Gift Card Holder




Two tiny "lunch boxes" I made into gift card holders.

These originally held candy and were sold at a dollar section of a local store a few years ago. I kept the tins for another one of those "some day I'll do something with these" projects. I finally got around to it (I really do have a true "RoundToIt" somewhere......).

I took them apart, sanded lightly, sanded off portions then spray painted them with primer.

I cut decorative paper to fit around the side, top and bottom. Adhered it with super sticky double stick tape. The letters were cut with a Cricut die cut machine using the Don Juan cartridge. I used a deep red colored paper that had a white core so I could sand them lightly, exposing a bit of white.

The trees were made with a half of a scalloped circle punch. Instructions can be found here:
http://inkspiredtreasures.com/wp-content/uploads/Folded%20Tree%20Diagram2(1).pdf

Dimensional paper paints I bought years ago came in handy to decorate them.

I hope they don't end up in the trash................. !

Thanks for looking =) 

1 comment:

  1. Too cute and decorated perfectly! I had to smile at the trash comment. I feel the same way! Your boxes would make such cute decorations, so we'll just believe that they will be kept forever!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)