Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Breakfast

(that is my Santa Suit plant wrap project in the background)

I was given a mason jar of home made apple butter so I decided to see if there were any recipes that could be made with it. I found several ! I made this for breakfast Christmas morning, but knowing the kids would look at it and say "eeeeeew!" I made the cute reindeer donuts below for them. 

Awesome Apple Butter Breakfast Cake
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/awesome-apple-butter-breakfast-cake/detail.aspx



  • 2 cups MUSSELMAN'S® Apple Butter







  • 2 1/4 cups baking mix (like Bisquick®)







  • 3/4 cup milk







  • 1/2 cup sugar







  • 1 large egg







  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted







  • 1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut







  • 1/3 cup pecans, chopped







  • 1/3 cup sugar







  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted

    Directions

    1. In bowl, stir together baking mix, milk, sugar, egg and 2 tablespoons melted butter. Pour 2/3 of the batter into an 8x8-inch baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray. Cover with MUSSELMAN'S Apple Butter. Drop remaining batter by spoonfuls on cake.
    2. Combine last four ingredients and sprinkle on top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour until cake tester inserted in center of cake comes out clean.












  • Mini chocolate covered donuts for a head, broken pretzels for antlers, red M&Ms candies for a nose and dabs of white icing for eyes. 


    Thanks for looking =) 

    2 comments:

    1. adorable! The muffin looks so yummy

      ReplyDelete
    2. Not that I'm opposed to chocolate covered donuts (especially when they look like cute reindeer), but I would much rather have the breakfast cake!

      ReplyDelete

    THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)