Thursday, May 22, 2014

Cat Napping In A Chair Card



This card was originally going to be red, white and blue
(burgundy, navy and cream actually) 
for the Operation Write Home blog hop this weekend.
Obviously I did not stick to my plan ;) 
I think it turned out better with these colors
despite them not being something I normally use !

The image is from an old set from Stampin' Up!, Country Charm
It was water colored on water color paper 
using various colors of classic inks and an 
aquapainter from Stampin' Up!
Chocolate Chip, Dusty Durango (?he photo makes it look more orange) 
and a scrap of  flecked olive (unknown) card stocks
It is based on sketch #29 at Operation Write home. 




If you've followed my blog and a couple of recent posts,
you may remember my saying I was having problems
with inks changing colors when I was water coloring with them.
Well, I did a little test before I made this card.
My suspicion was confirmed, for some reason
the inks are reacting in a weird way on a package of
white card stock I was given at Christmas.
Here is a perfect example of a water colored image
that was supposed to be RED poppies.
While painting, it seemed fine. Two days later
when I went to give them out on Mother's Day,
I was shocked to see the drastic change in colors!
They were a rusty orange ! 




Difficult to tell in this tiny sample, but it is noticeable in real life:
the reds turn orange on that white card stock!
I've noticed some other colors changing, too
(when I was painting my clown cards).
I'll be using water color paper only for the time being.


Thanks for looking =) 


1 comment:

  1. This is so serene and beautiful! So glad you solved the mystery! Much easier to change paper than replace ink...

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)