Sunday, April 5, 2015

Fools' Gold at AnythingButACard




This month's challenge at 
 Fool's Gold. 
Be sure to visit the blog each weekend
throughout the month to see inspiring projects
by the design team. Share your "gold" project
(so long as it is not a card!) with a direct link back
to the challenge and please do not enter it in more than
four challenges to qualify as a top pick for the month. 

I repurposed a couple of items for my project,
incorporating the color gold.
One man's trash is another man's treasure (gold!).







Vase before, it was pretty rough in spots 
as you can see in this photo. 


















Table centerpiece I was given to take home from a wedding. 
I took all of the flowers out of the foam then reinserted them,
mixing them up more than what they originally were
(too many yellows or reds next to each other;
this photo was taken after I reassembled it). 









Punch a circle, trace onto compressed craft sponge and cut out.
Dampen the sponge (it will puff up) then stamp gold metallic paint
onto your vase.
This won't be a permanent paint, so clean
carefully with a slightly damp cloth.
Better yet, seal the paint onto the item to make it more durable.









This shows to back of the vase with the stamped gold circles.
It also shows that the flowers are stuck into a round Styrofoam ball
that rests on top of the vase as well as the off/on switch
for the mini battery powered light strand. 

I took one of the flower stems out and lightly sprayed it
with a gold webbing spray paint I had in my stash.
So glad I tested it first, I did not like it at all.
I think a subtle gold shimmer spray would be pretty on it.










Word art I created to fit into a small gold frame.










The square frame is one I've had for such a long time.
I made a rubber stamped art piece in it when I first
discovered rubber stamping in the year 2000.
I had it on display for a few years,
then took it down and there it sat, in a box of forgotten old frames
for far too long. It is the perfect size for a 4"x4" photo !







Bonus project

Paper cast heart that I painted gold details on 
and added the word "love" die cut from gold card stock.
I bought many of these paper cast molds years ago
when they were a somewhat popular craft, 
It's been some time since I've made one!
The gold elastic loop and ribbon were hot glued on.
Originally I thought I was going to attach this
around the neck of the vase, but decided I didn't like it.
 I added a gold metallic paper ribbon bow instead.


Thanks for looking =)



4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Great Transformations. Love the spots on the vase - so cool and the heart is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great repurposed projects. The vase is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather I love the fact that you took something and gave it new life. What a great job. The red vase doesn't even look the same at all. Great job !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and clever idea, your vase is awesome.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)