Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Stamped Frame


This was a plain wooden frame that I bought from a going out of business sale at a tole paint shop for $2 a few years ago.




I crackle painted the base then stamped the DD Wild Rose stamp set from Stampin' Up! with acrylic craft paints.



The organdy ribbon was curled by "melting" it lightly with the heat gun. It is neat to watch it curl up on itself, but don't hold the heat too closely or too long on the ribbon - it will melt !



The metal tag was from my craft stash. I stamped the 40 in it then covered it with Crystal Effects from Stampin' Up!.



It was a gift to my parents for their 40th wedding anniversary. It was also entered into a Stampin' Up! contest; it did not win.



Thanks for looking !

5 comments:

  1. Heather,

    What a wonderful frame and great gift idea! I love the wild rose set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wild Rose is one stamp set I didn't let slip thru my fingers, and I'll be holding on to that one forever. Love how you used it to decorate this frame. I recently received an alterable frame - I might just try this for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your frame is beautiful...I wish I did have that set!! I will have to try this, so you applied the acrylic paint directly to the rubber? Wonderful gift for your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the kind words.
    Yes, I use regular acrylic crafters paints directly on the rubber. I prefer to use a piece of felt with the paint on it as my "stamp pad", but you could brush the paint onto the stamp. If you brush the paint on, you can add extra colors and blend them, too. No matter which way you do it, be sure to clean the stamps up right away !

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)