Saturday, September 4, 2010

Stamped "Desk Set" 2

Stamped plastic crate for scraps, stamped hanging notepad, painted and stamped wooden letter, painted and stamped frame

Stamped purse, but I was using it for ready to be sent card storage in the craft dungeon





It all started with a bright "Green Galore" trash can I found on clearance. I would normally never buy such a color since it would not go with anything in my house, however it was a generous sized container and I really needed a new one in the craft dungeon. Plus, the pop of color was nice.




I couldn't stop with just one bright green thing, so I proceeded to sand and paint the old dresser I was using for rubber stamp storage.



I found a neat wooden hanger for mini spiral bound notepad so I painted and stamped that. I used to old Colorbox hybrid inks Stampin' Up! used to sell so I could see how they worked on wood (base coated with white acrylic craft paint first). They worked much better on the plastic mini tub I bought to catch scraps on my desk top. The colors have really faded off of the wooden notepad holder (not that they were very vibrant to begin with), but they still look great on the plastic tub.



I also stamped a square notecube to sit on the desktop, it has long been used up. I stamped many notecubes as gifts over the years, they made great gifts.


An ugly dollar store picture frame to transform and unfinished wooden letter were painted and stamped with crafters acrylic paints.



Lastly, the purse that I found uncomfortable to be used as a purse so I turned it into a card carrier. It was perfect for swaps or my annual family holiday party filled with dozens of cards to give out. I used the Colorbox inks on Whisper White card stock.


I used the Roses In Winter stamp set for from Stampin' Up! - again ! I loved that set and used it for so many projects.

Thanks for looking !

2 comments:

  1. What a cute set of projects, this is one of those sets I have that is underappreciated...maybe this week I'll give it a whirl...so pretty!
    I like the scrap baskets, where do you find those? Post on our thread so you don't have to wait for blog approval on my blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects! Very creative and fun to look at!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)