Friday, September 3, 2010

Stamped Wooden Storage Chest

$5 yard sale find before.
It appeared to be a home made wooden toy chest -
that had definitely seen better days !





After lots of sanding, scrubbing, sticker removal and painting/stamping.



Once I had it clean, I did a paint technique using old candles. I rubbed candles randomly on the old finish then swiped on paint followed by wiping it back off. The candle wax resisted the paint so it looks distressed, worn. Once it was completely dry I rubbed the wax off.  I then stamped the DD Cottage Rose stamp set by Stampin' Up! on it with acrylic craft paint. The chest was made to coordinate with the decor in the room at the time. I wasn't overly thrilled with it and need to redo it again anyway since the room was recently redecorated.

Here is the first piece of furniture that I painted/stamped. Click the "paint" label on the right for a few more ideas using rubber stamps and acrylic craft paint. I plan on sharing a few more over the next couple of days.

Yes, those are faux painted and rubber stamped walls in the background !

Thanks for looking !

1 comment:

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)