Thursday, September 23, 2010

Desktop Post It Note Box


Another item from the booth I had at the festival last weekend. These little trinket boxes came from the dollar store. I stamped images that were colored directly to rubber with Stampin' Markers. Some I stamped in Basic Black then water colored them with an aquapainter and various classic inks; I made several different styles. The stamped image was inserted into the top "frame" portion of the box. Inside I added post it notes, a mini ink pen, a mini mechanical pencil and mini scissors. These mini items were all leftovers from another project I did for a craft fair years ago.



A bit of ribbon, added a few prima flowers to a couple of them, wrapped in a cellophane bag and priced at $2 - I sold one........... No more sold even at $1 at the end of the day. I was sure to tell people that looked at them they could easily remove the stamped image to insert a photograph and what was in the box. I did have one open as a sample so they could see inside.



Here is a project made with the same box a couple of years ago - a miniature bath set stocking stuffer:

 
 
 
 
Thanks for looking !

13 comments:

  1. Ooooh....love your projects! Love the papers and the simplicity of the image. You did a fantastic job on creating dimension with the flowers. Love how you did that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable box - I would have bought one! i love little trinket boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, I love your sweet creations. I love altering items for gifts. It's a great way to keep our stamp stash dusted off too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and so pretty! I am now following you from Stampin' Connection. Thanks for blessing my day. :)
    www.southerncaliforniastamper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute. I'm following you from Stampin'Connection.
    Hope you have time to follow me. I'm #188 on the list.

    Have a great day,
    Debbie
    www.bzstampr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping by to let you know that I am now following you from Stampin' Connection.
    Hope you will follow me too at
    http://queenbeascraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute!!! I'm following from SC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea. Always looking for something new to have at craft fairs. Thanks for sharing. Following you from SC.
    http://eileensstampingcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job on these, it's too bad they didn't sell. Maybe next time. I saw your link on Stampin Connection and now I'm #30 on your follow list.I'm #212 on the SC list so perhaps you'll follow me too. My blog is:

    http://pennytokensstampinspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! I would have bought several as litle gifts! You did a lovely job with the stamping! I am now following you from Stampin' Connection! http://www.stampinchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it!!! Thanks for sharing all of your fabulous creations. They are very inspiring. Following you now.
    Heather Howe
    www.stampingknowhowe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful little box, such a sweet gift idea! Thanks for stopping by my blog and now I am following yours from SC also...so many new friends...so many new ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blog! You do really beautiful work! Look forward to following along from VA! :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)