Thursday, December 3, 2015

Country Swag Christmas Card



A Christmas card I put together with a old few scraps. 
I think it would look better if there were more
greenery branches OR the star and bow 
were smaller, making them more in 
proportion and country wall swag like. 
We are our own worst critics, aren't we? 



The sprig stamp image
was colored with water based markers.
The saying is stamped with black ink.
 Both stamp images are old ones from Stampin' Up!

I then layered on some leafy branch (Martha Stewart) paper punched pieces
of green paper over the stamped images.

The red bow was made from old paper twist 
in my stash, leftover from a long ago project.
I have too much of that twist leftover,
it sure was popular for crafts many years ago. 
Maybe I ought to finally purge my assorted craft stashes ?

 The star was repurposed from another old project. 
 It is a simple paper punch star that I made score lines on
then folded to create dimension. 
I also lightly water colored mustard ink along the 
edges, but it doesn't show well.






Yes, that is real stitching done with my sewing machine
around the edges of the speckled card stock.
The edges of the red card stock were distressed
before gluing it to the hunter green base.





This card looked enticing to Hyla cat :
she reached up and drug it off the table top
as I was trying to photograph it.
That darn cat !





I'm entering this card in the Tis The Season photo inspiration challenge.
'
The colors, branches and berry sprigs,
overall all rustic country feel were my inspirations. 






Thanks for looking and Happy Holidays :)

5 comments:

  1. Love this and the cat taking it too! I love the sentiment stamp - great font!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I think this is a super cute Christmas card! Love the stitching you did around the edges. I have never done that to a card yet...maybe someday! Yes, you're right that we are our own worst critics, but I guess that goes with the territory! Love your cat stealing the card! lol I have two dachshunds that jump on my lap and try to get on my craft table from there. I don't let it happen too often though! Thanks for sharing with us at 'Tis the Season.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card, I think you did a great job! I love the greenery peeking out, great touch. I also love the furry helper, I have 2 cats that like to help me out also, and 3 dogs that are quite bored with the cardmaking LOL

    Thanks for joining us at 'Tis The Season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card!! I love the country chic look of it. I have so much from the trends in crafts over the last few years...sigh.. We should have a support group...for another day! :)

    Thanks for joining us at TTS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the photo! I love the 3D aspects of the card. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)