Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Gift Card Holder Candy Box Santa Suit


A little something for my nephews - 
boxed candy with Santa Suit gift card holders
attached to the front !


I wrapped the candy boxes with lightweight red paper
(the type that is used in printers).

I used the same paper to make the "cards"
with scraps of card stock for trim.







I started with an approximately 3 1/8" wide by 11" long
piece of paper. Each end was folded in about 2 5/8".
If you make these, be sure to measure your box of candy
to decide what size the card/money holder will need to be.











I paper punched each long side of a scrap of white card stock
that was 1 1/4" wide and long enough to trim to fit
the gift card holder front. 
The white scallops create the trim on Santa's coat.











The belt and buckle can be made several ways.
A premade ribbon slide and ribbon would be easiest.
If you have two square paper punches or dies that are
"nesting" in size , punch one then punch the other
around it to create a square frame and glue it over the belt.
I don't have two small squares to do this, so I used an Xacto
to cut two slits into a square of silver card stock then slid
a strip of black card stock through it. 












The top portion tucks under the belt to stay closed. 

I glued along the side edges of the red bottom portion
to create a pocket to hold money or a gift card.
I then adhered the belt/buckle with half of it sticking above 
the edge of the red so there would be a flap to tuck the top under.




I'm entering my Santa Suit candy box cover gift card holder into the
Anything Goes Christmas Challenge at Crafty Hazelnut

as well as Anything Goes Christmas Linky Party at Scrapbook Blessings Club.

and Anything Goes Christmas at Holly Jolly Challenges.


Thanks for looking and Happy Holidays !


2 comments:

  1. Your gift card holders are so much fun, and I'm sure they will be a very much appreciated present! Thank you for playing with us at the Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge , “Anything Christmas Goes”. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, HJ DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)