Friday, April 14, 2017

Surprise Easter Card










Mom and I stopped at a church fundraising sale recently. It was the end of the sale and we weren't even sure they were still open, but since it was on our way home we pulled in to see what may be left.
At first we didn't see much, everything had really been picked over. There wasn't a lot aside from clothing. On the next to the last table, I spied a small box of assorted rubber stamps ! Since everything was half price or $5 for a bag of goodies, we decided to take a bag. I snagged  the small box of stamps (mostly the cheap children's craft kit type images like I bought my own kids many years ago), a new in package picture frame and of all things, two remnants of paper crepe paper streamer to craft something with ;) Mom found a couple of things for herself as well.

Of course I couldn't help but wonder how many rubber stamps or other crafty supplies may have been there at the start of the sale.......

I've had fun water coloring a couple of the stamp images the past week. This card is made with one of them. It is a large image, so the finished card is 5"x 7".

Because this card has a chick on it, I am going to enter it into the current challenge at Retro Rubber (a challenge blog I recently discovered, perfect for me since all of my stamps are oldies!): Challenge #60 Baby, baby - use baby critters on your card.

One of the rules of the challenge is to include the age of the stamp in the blog post. Unfortunately there is no date on the stamp, so I did a google search. From what I have found, it is discontinued and was likely produced in 2013, making it 4 years old.

Stamps Happen #90245 Surprise by Carolyn Shores Wright
http://www.janlynn.com/docs/seasons_celebrations_2013.pdf

The image was stamped on water color paper. I water colored it with inks from my old classic Stampin' Up! ink pads and then layered it on Tangerine Tango and Pacific Point card stocks.

Thanks for looking !


Edited To Add: 4/24/2017
My card was a top pick at Retro Rubber !


9 comments:

  1. Hello: I'm so happy you found the RETRO RUBBER challenge, were we love our old stamp sets, and since you have a bunch of oldies but goodies, we hope you join us in the gallery often.
    Your card is so adorable, this image is super sweet and cute, love how you colored all of this eggs and the little chick coming out of his egg shell.
    I want to let you know that we appreciate the effort of finding out the age of your stamp, Google is a great place to do a bit of research, and also Splitcoasstampers, if you have the name of the stamp.
    Thank you so much for sharing this adorable card with us at RETRO RUBBER, we hope you join us again next time.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job using your "craft sale find" stamp! Lovely job coloring the image, it looks like a ton of fun! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing quite like finding craft treasure in unlikely places! What a perfect find for this challenge. Love the bright and cheerful colours you've chosen and the way you've picked them up in your framing. Lovely work! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stamps you found! and the card is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love finding stamps in random places, especially older ones that you can give a new lease of life. Love your card, the eggs are so cheery. Thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely! I would frame this one. So colorful! Great job and thanks for joining the RR challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card and love your coloring. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh.... this stamp image could not possibly be any cuter!! Love your coloring and choices of colors! I am so glad that you found our challenge and hope you will play with Retro Rubber often. And, thanks for the age information on the rubber stamp... that means so much to us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you really lucked out with the stamps you found! I love these images! And the chick is adorable! Beautiful watercoloring and it gives it such a arty feel! Love!! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)