Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Tabletop Display - repurposed items







My mom gave me this terra cotta Jack O' Lantern that she no longer wanted. It is supposed to hold a tea light candle. I decided to turn the Jack base into a flower "vase" !

In inserted a small glass flower vase, made a bow out of wired ribbon and attached it to the top of the glass vase.

I think I might turn the hat portion upside down, paint it to resemble a pilgrim hat and fill it with dried florals for Thanksgiving . . . maybe .





I picked up these candles for 25c. I didn't have candleholders so I made a set using miniature terra cotta flower pots ! Before painting, I filled the bottom pots with plaster of paris to give the base some weight, hoping they wouldn't tip over as easily. Once thoroughly dry/cured, I used acrylic craft paints to I decorate them. The little yellow stars and moons were stamped with a rubber stamp from the retired Halloween Backgrounds set by Stampin' Up!  The tiny green dots were done with the wooden end of the paintbrush, dipped into paint and dotted on. I glued them together with a strong adhesive and finished it off with a bit of paper twist ribbon.

Thanks for looking =)

1 comment:

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)