Saturday, October 2, 2010

Recovered Notepads

Well, I guess they really aren't all that quick......... but still easy enough to do if you want to customize a notepad. I had 4 leftover notepads from a class; I recovered them with card stock and a stamped image that I watercolored using various classic inks from Stampin' Up! and an aquapainter. This is a great way to make personalized, one of a kind notepads.

Priced at $1 (original cost of the notepad alone), I sold three of them from my booth at the festival.









                                             


Supplies:
Stamp sets from Stampin' Up!, all of which are now retired

Button Bear - my very first stamp set from Stampin' Up! that I bought 10 years ago; what was your first set and when did you buy it ?

Equestrian Dreams

Classic Convertibles





Various classic inks, Stampin' Up!

Aquapainter

Signo silver pen

Various card stocks

Texturz plate, Stampin' Up!

Square hand held hole punch

Ink pens and a scrap of coordinating paper to insert in the pen



Cut your cardstock/decorative paper to fit the existing cover on the notepad that you wish to recover (these notepads are 5"x7"). Line up with the holes on the current cover and punch new holes in the piece of cardstock you will be recovering with. You will need to do this twice to make a front and back cover. You can adhere your cardstock/paper to the existing cover with a strong adhesive or if your cardstock is sturdy enough, totally replace the existing cover.

Decorate the front however you wish, reinsert the wires into the new covers and slightly crimp them closed - done !

Thanks for looking !

4 comments:

  1. More great projects! You have an endless supply of great ideas and projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have friends who are going to set up a booth at a craft fair in the midwest and I instantly thought of you and all of your creative creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice little note books. Your water colouring is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather, I like your projects. I have a boutique coming up soon. I also plan to recover notepads and post it notes too. I like your choice of stamps and coloring with the aqua painter.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)