Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wooden Jack O' Lantern Luminaria










 
I bought several different styles of these unfinished wooden cutouts years ago. I assume they are supposed to be a sort of luminaria, but I wouldn't put a candle on it. The battery operated tealights would work well, though. They can also be turned into hanging decor items.

I painted them all with acrylic craft paints. Nothing fancy, I don't know how to do tole painting. Some were crackle finished, others were just painted then sanded down.

This particular Jack was painted bright orange then sanded down (I still need to repaint the base, it is the original orange color). This year when I drug out my Halloween decor, actually the first time in a few years I've had it out, I decided to do something different to this Jack, using some of my papercrafting supplies.

I repainted it with acrylic craft paints first. I then used Modge Podge to ahere decorative paper, sanded, rubbed on a bit of More Mustard ink. Stamped a few leaves (Lovely Leaves) and a tag using Stampin' Up! stamps and Very Vanilla card stock. I hot glued on an old scrap of ribbon from a bath set gift package and a leftover button from another project. The vines are created by curling thin strips of Old Olive cardstock around a pencil. I think it turned out kind of neat.

Thanks for looking =)


1 comment:

  1. I like all the special touches you gave your pumpkin, Heather. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)