Monday, June 25, 2012

Baby Headbands






Super easy to make - and the variations are absolutely endless ! I could have made dozens, so much fun to make =)

Mom bought several adorable outfits to give as a shower gift so I decided I'd whip up a few headbands to add to them. It was good to get back to the craft dungeon this past week, digging through old supplies, crafty stuff I hadn't used in so long.

Some were made with die cut felt pieces, others are made with bits of ribbon, lace and other notions I had on hand. Unfortunately there are no sewing supply stores in our area so I had to make do with some elastic I had in my stash. I used to have cute stretchy lace that I made headbands for my daughter with years ago, but I can't find it. Then again, that was 20 years ago (I can NOT believe it has been that long, wow, time sure has flown by) and if I had any left, it probably wouldn't stretch anymore! 

The photos are not the best since I took them after I already had the headbands packaged. I cut a piece of card stock to fit some small cellophane bags I had on hand. I used a punch to make a notch at each end for the elastic to rest in. The cellophane bags have a hole at the top that fit perfectly over the tops of the hangers ! 



Felts
Daisies die from Stampin' Up!
yellow thread
elastic colored with a Sharpie marker
hot glue







iridescent lace scrap gathered with thread to make a circle
ribbon roses hot glued on 









wide satin ribbon gathered into a circle
tiny lace rosette
pearl stitched on in the center








Basic instructions for a poofy flower





felts
flowers die from Stampin' Up! (I used 5 small flowers)
handcut leaves and circles 
hot glue
elastic

Fold each of the flowers into fourths, add a dab of hot glue (watch your fingers !!!) to hold in place. Lay four of the flowers around the edge of the circle that you hand cut. Glue in place. Glue the fifth flower in the center. Adhere ends of the elastic to the back of the flower. Glue a circle on top of the elastic ends. Don't add too much glue or let it be exposed, you don't want it to be rough on baby's head. You could certainly add more flowers, use different fabrics and folds - soooo many ways to make a puffy flower shape. Have fun ! 



By the way, if you don't know the circumference of the baby's head,  the standard measurements I came across are 12" long for newborn to about three months, 14.5" for three months and up. 

That concludes my crafting / gift making from the past week. Thanks for looking =) 


1 comment:

  1. These are all so sweet! Love the daisy with the matching elastic! Another adorable gift idea!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)